- PLT Operation Guide
PLT Operation Guide
The Production Line Tool (PLT) executes one or more test plans, for In-Circuit Test (ICT), Final Assembly, Test and Packout (FATP) or other production stations.
With a custom test suite definition, the PLT can also be used for integration testing during development.
It tests interactions over:
During the Test plan, the PLT may also perform firmware programming of:
- RF SoC
- External flash
- Connect the Ethernet port to a local network with (outbound) Internet access.
- Connect the AC power socket to AC power (110-240VAC, 50-60Hz)
- (Optional) Connect Zebra label printer to external USB port
- (Optional) Connect Symbol bar code scanner to external USB port
- Use power switch on rear of unit to power on the PLT.
- Use Tag-Connect TC2030-IDC cable to connect 6-pin rear-end IDC SWD socket with the DUT.
- PLT-100A: Use Tag-Connect TC2070-IDC cable to connect 14-pin rear-end IDC Test socket with the DUT.
- PLT-200A: Use Tag-Connect TC2050-IDC cable to connect 10-pin rear-end IDC JTAG socket with the DUT.
- PLT-200A: Use HD78 cable to connect 78-pin rear-end ICT socket with the In-Circuit Test Fixture.
After starting up, the PLT shows the currently selected test plan on the display.
Press button 2 to switch to the correct test plan.
Test Suite Execution
From the main screen, press button #1 to start the test suite.
The test suite items will be executed until a failure occurs.
When a test item fails, press button 2 to continue with the next item from the test suite.
Press button 4 to abort the test plan.
Some test steps are not fully automated and require operator intervention.
Test Suite Completion
Upon completion of the ICT and FATP test plans, a label is printed on a ZPL barcode printer.
To print a test label, first press button #3 from the main screen.
Use button #1 (Up) and button #2 (Down) to highlight the “Label Test” menu entry.
Press button #3 (Select) to print a test label.
A test label will be printed on the attached Zebra label printer.
Press button #4 (Exit) to return to the main screen.
Check for Update
To check for updated PLT firmware, first press button #3 from the main screen.
Use button #1 (Up) and button #2 (Down) to highlight the “Check for Update” menu entry.
Press button #3 (Select) to check for updated PLT firmware label.
If an updated PLT firmware is available, it will be installed.
If no updated PLT firmware is available, a message stating “No Update Available” will be shown.